Voting

Friday, July 1, 2011

My Best Friend.....


Horses are people's best friends, they are they for you when you need them and they never put you down or critique the way you do things!! A horse can be your best friend by doing simple things such as just loving on him and let him know how much you appreciate them.. They will appreciate it more than you think! My horse Ben is a 10 year old palimino quarter horse he is the sweetest horse in the world he can act a little full of himself sometimes but I understand him and he understands me, to me that is all that matters!! He was rolling one day out in the field and got his left hock stuck in a wire fence, the gentlmen that had him loved him so much. Hehad used him as a cutting horse and roping horse but due to his injury he no longer could do that.... He was so busy with his other horses that Ben was put in a field where we could come out and look at him.... Anyways the vet came out and was going to put him down but the vet said that he was too good of a horse to put down and that he could have such a good life ahead of him, the gentlement took good care of his wound. So the lady that owned the barn where board our other two horses knew this lady that taught lesson, the lady told her that she had a horse. The lady told us and we went staight over to go and look at him... At first we weren't too sure about him but we knew from the start that he was a dream!! It turns out when I first looked at him i wasn't that really in to him but found out later he didn't have a chance.... Now the tendon injury has fully healed and looks better than ever... He can go over poles and I ride him mostly every other week, but not too much... He is my friend for life and always will be... Even though he had a injury and I wanted a horse that i didn't have to train... I decided too face the diffrent and let him come into my life to shine some brightness in it... Getting him was about the best thing that ever happened to me.... He is such a good compainion for my other horses and for me as well... When you get your first horse just consider that you may not like this horse at first but in the long run he may just turn out to be your best friend!!!! :) :) Horses are magnificent animals that may just surprise you at every corner!! They really never let you know what they are thinking, and usually just keep it all bottled up inside... But for some people like me I know what a horse is feeling after all he is my Best Friend....!!!! When you are like me and love horses and just want to be with one and ride it... Ben taught me a lesson about mostly everything..... He may be a horse but as his owner it is my job to be one step ahead of him!! :) :) :)

1 comment: